Your company might have the best branding strategy for the business in general. But do you know that product is one of the key components and the only way to gain the trust of your audience? Even though the quality of the product is an element that drives loyalty in your customer base, it is not the only one.
Today, the marketplace is full of the same products, same price, and maybe a bit similar marketing strategy if you might add. To add another layer to your branding strategy, look into product-based branding, with the help of a branding agency in Dubai like ours or any other in the world. The audience should be able to quickly distinguish your product from others.
Product branding specifically focuses on the visuals and appearance of the product, including the placement of the logo, packaging, and other minute detail. The only way to become a winner in your niche market is to take a step ahead in your branding-building strategy with product branding.
First, let us try to understand what is product branding and then get into the details of product branding with instances from us, a Dubai-based branding agency.
To begin with the easiest type of branding. Product branding is a plan that helps to project to help your products have a proven identity in the marketplace. Product branding can be easily noticed while taking a stroll in the store or supermarkets when you look at the product packaging.
There are some significant elements associated with product branding – including logos and designs. All the aspects combine to form a compulsive product branding strategy. The core idea of product branding is also to consider a combination of various factors on how consumers feel and behave.
Why choose a product branding strategy?
Product branding strategies have been proved to be useful time and again. The most successful brands are the ones who not only focus on overall company branding but also take time to brand their products individually. Constant use of the same package and consistent content delivery can enhance the quality of the brand and attract more and more potential customers. It becomes a lot easier for people to identify the brand and products too! Product branding helps to get a competitive edge in the consumers’ preferences. The audience notices the detailing and minute effort that the brand puts in.
- Increases preference
- Helps to extend the market
- Breaks down the competitive barrier
How to implement a product branding strategy?
- Analyze your brand: Before you rush into creating a branding strategy, it is essential to understand the relation between the product and the brand itself. Take a step back and also ensure to do some thorough initial research. Take some time to know and understand your market.
- Understand the product’s purpose: Understand the pain points that your product serves and the needs of the market. The product gets in demand when it adds specific value to the user. Think about the missions and purpose of the brand. It will help you identify the product branding story that will help the audience to recognize your products better.
- Who are the people benefitting from the product: The target audience is the initial potential group that your business is likely to target. It is important to determine them as it forms the basis of branding strategy and more specifically the product branding strategy. It starts with creating your ideal customer persona. Make sure that you understand your audience very well and note their very specific behavior and character traits to distinguish them.
- What are the core values of the company: A product strategy cannot be completed without understanding the business’ core beliefs. The core values need to be on par with the values conveyed via product packaging and need to be in sync with it. The product branding is successful when it corresponds with the values in the branding strategy.
Reflect the brand identity into the product branding
Once you have understood and done enough research to collect information that forms the basis of product branding, The next step is to combine and execute it into one product branding plan. These fundamentals are executed into practice after designing the product that can stimulate the behavior of the audience and works well with the brand.
Create a mood board, font, and colour scheme
The colour scheme is all about identifying the brand colours and how they can correlate to the product. It is an important element in designing, right from logo to label. The colours selected need to connect everything about the product. Make sure that you choose the right colour that goes with the brand, as well as the kind of product. The font is also another crucial aspect of product branding. It might vary from product to product, as deemed necessary.
Ensure consistency in product branding
The significant note to ensure successful product branding is to maintain consistency with the elements of branding and getting the right message onboard. once you have determined what works best for each product and translate them into an actual plan, it is essential to give it the right time and consistent efforts to bring out the results of product branding.
It might sound traditional but the most practical guides suggest that the longer you maintain the style and design of the product, the higher chances that the people will remember the product design.
Why choose Vowels for your product branding strategy?
Now that you’ve grasped the concept of product branding and its significance in developing a successful brand strategy, you can go on to the next step. Brand identification, brand design, reliability, and human connections are just a few of the important lessons from product branding. Product branding, when done correctly, may help you establish your brand successfully and expand it significantly.