In terms of definition, a packaging guideline is an entirely customized file with detailed information on creating the ideal packaging for all items. After extensive research on the current or potential brand image, the industry, target consumers’ characteristics, etc., packaging design experts create packaging recommendations. It also comprises a list of the dos and don’ts, streamlining the entire packing procedure.
Hence, Packaging Guidelines give instructions for logo positioning, colors, typography, brand colors, text on the package, photographic product style, etc.
1. Why are There Packing Rules?
A multi-product manufacturer needs a bible (packaging guideline) to follow systematically in one direction. It is comprehensively created particularly for a certain brand’s packaging requirements. It lets a company use a defined package style, a set of brand colors, a particular set of typefaces and background components, etc., on their product packaging to ensure product identifiability and consistency.
You may receive a single brand guideline + design that can reproduce rather than opting for several designs for 100 items. It will save design expenses overall and help improve brand perception.
A consistent package design across all of your items makes it simple for customers to recognize your company’s name and all of your products. Long-term, it provides a competitive advantage, encourages repeat business, and creates brand loyalty. By adhering to these rules across all product channels, brands may elevate their identities and develop standardized packaging procedures. Also, read How to Choose the Best Product Packaging Design Agency in UAE.
2. Packaging Principle for Your Brand
The Storyteller for Your Brand
The packaging explains your brand’s history and helps it distinguish itself from others.
The modern, conscientious customer is intrigued by your brand’s history and invests in it before purchasing your goods. Hence, good storytelling is very much crucial these days. Packaging communicates your brand’s narrative and draws people in at first sight.
Packaging Brings Professionalism and Protection.
Although using packaging guidelines has many advantages, the most important ones to highlight are professionalism, brand recognition, and consistency. A packaging guideline guarantees that you and your packaging suppliers can have a seamless printing process.
3. Successful Components of Package Designing
- Product Vibe – Every packaging should complement the product’s vibe, feel, and, most importantly, functioning. For instance, a tech product should primarily have hip and cool packaging that also protects the product.
- Typography – The selection of what kind of font style will suit the product packaging is very important. For instance, a subdued typeface with a light undertone might be appropriate if an item’s target audience is experienced working professionals. But if the product is geared at children, the typeface should ideally be large, vivid and colorful. Thorough guidance for font usage across all items is included in the packaging standards.
- Brand Colors – Colors make it easy for customers to spot your products on the shelves. Packaging Guidelines provide a set of trademarked colors that may be used on all of your items, making it simpler for clients to recognize your products and raising the chances of repeated purchases.
- Targeted Customers and Branding – Before choosing the package, it’s critical to understand your product’s target market and thoroughly analyze its demographics, physiological patterns, and behavioral characteristics, among other things. Each package recommendation is created after thoroughly examining the target market and its preferences. Also read – What is Branding and Its Types
- Competition – Before creating a packaging guideline, a thorough analysis is done to see whether the packaging of your competitors’ products contributed to their success or failure. It’s crucial to differentiate your product from the ones of your rivals.
- Selling – Knowing how the company will sell it will help you choose the best packaging. For instance, people cannot experience the product’s sight and feel if they are selling it exclusively online. So, in this case, packaging must appeal to other senses, and your packaging guidelines would ensure this happens.
- Copywriting – Mentioning the content that genuinely matters to the audience on the package is essential to catching their attention. The customer is more likely to read what is written and is also more likely to grasp how the product will benefit him when the design and text placement are clutter-free. If your product is sold in stores and malls, a consumer who can’t immediately understand why he should buy will likely transfer his focus to the rival brand.
1. Sense – Eau De Toilette
Packaging Design & Logo Designing Service: Vowels created Packaging Design for a premium brand named “Sense – Eau De Toilette” in the Perfumes segment. We did complete market research and made a branding strategy. Furthermore, we also provided them with packaging guidelines and an elegant Logo that could speak their vision.
2. Simply Kitchen
Brand Updating & Packaging Guidelines: We did well-curated packaging guidelines and design systems for a cooking staple brand in GCG. We picked the pink and gray color representing a sustainable kitchen vision, then provided a set of rules for packaging no matter what kitchen product they launch in the future; the guidelines help them print product packaging as per the theme.
3. Health Auric
Packaging and Brand Strategy: We did a comprehensive brand strategy and architecture for a major FMCG company going for direct sales. We also provided packaging guidelines to them for their FMCG products. Our packaging design gives a homogenous look to all their products, thus helping the audience easily identify in the market.
4. Work with Vowels
The packaging guidelines we offer at Vowels enable your business to design the packaging of your desires. In addition to being very affordable and cost-effective, we provide several advantages to keep your brand packaging winning in both the short- and long term.
Q. What are the rules for packaging design?
Ans. The following are the four principles that govern packaging design:
Rule #1: Your packaging design should accurately represent your brand or product.
Rule #2: Your packaging design should be consistent.
Rule #3: Make sure the design is accurate and straightforward.
Rule #4: Your packaging design must be distinctive and your own.
Q. Describe what is a packaging design.
Ans. Packaging design is about finding a suitable product structure, materials, color, images, typography, and regulatory information with auxiliary design aspects to create a product that is fit for marketing.
Q. What does FMCG packaging entail?
Ans. It safeguards against physical damage brought on by contamination, temperature fluctuations, dust, exposure to the sun, and loss of nutritional value due to the denaturing of proteins and oxidation of lipids, among other things. The hygroscopic characteristic of the product is preserved through packaging.
Q. How are you going to be packaged?
Ans. The steps in the package design process are as follows:
- Know the layers in packaging.
- Pick the appropriate kind of packing.
- Make packaging regulations
- Create patterns and choose colors under the rules.
- Analyze a packaging concept.
- Take feedback.
- Provide the owner with the designs.